Become a Member
Membership in the Mental Health Association in Michigan
The Mental Health Association in Michigan (MHAM) is an organization focused on advocating for individuals with mental illness. Being a member of MHAM allows you to have a more active voice in this discussion, participate in a variety of advocacy activities, and links you to others addressing these and related concerns. Becoming a member of MHAM also puts you in excellent company and signals your interest in being counted among the most involved and forward-thinking organizations in the country.
Organizational Membership | $300
Being a MHAM organizational member includes the following benefits:
- Monthly MHAM e-news Mental Health Matters
- Electronic contact with other MHAM members to share information and ideas, get and give support, identify problems, find solutions and work collaboratively with other MHAM members
- Discounted registration fees for MHAM events and educational programming
- MHAM legislative alerts, news releases, calls to action and policy updates
- Email distribution of the above to up to 3 employees, board members or associates
- Organizational link on the MHAM website
Become a Individual Member | $50*
Who Can Be Members?
- Individuals who have experienced and are seeking recovery from mental health problems or addictions.
- Families of loved ones who have struggled with these issues or have completed suicide.
- Advocates who see mental health as a public and social justice issue.
- Mental health care professionals who believe an individual's goals for recovery should come first.
- Primary care doctors and nurses who see the impact of poor mental health in our patients' general health every day.
- Researchers who are unlocking the secrets of brain and human behavior.
- Greater business community who understand the benefits of good mental health and how it can affect the bottom line.
- School officials who see children fall behind due to unmet emotional needs.
- Youth who want to help fellow peers with mental health issues.
- Public officials who are trying to change systems from within.
- Law enforcement and corrections officers who see the effects of untreated illness and wish there were better services for citizens.
- Survivors of natural disasters, domestic abuse and street crimes who confront the psychological effects of these traumatic events.
- Anyone in the community who believes, through action and commitment, they can make a difference in someone's life.
Benefits of Membership
- Printed newsletter informing you of news within the organization and current information on mental health issues.
- Monthly Mental Health Matters e-news to provide you public policy updates and other information that impacts behavioral health care.
- E-mail updates on upcoming MHAM events.
- Free or discounted registration fees for MHAM events and educational programming.
- Contribution letter for your tax records to a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Designation: The Mental Health Association in Michigan is designated as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization by the Internal Revenue Service. A copy of the designation letter is available upon request.
*Discounted Membership: $25
- Active Military/Veteran
- Person with Lived Experience & Financial Hardship
Become a Member
To become a MHAM member, print and fill out our Membership Application Form then mail it to: MHAM, P.O. Box 11118, Lansing, MI 48901 or complete the online form.