Michigan Partners in Crisis is dedicated to enhancing access to quality, clinically appropriate treatment and support services and settings for children and adults experiencing emotional disorders and mental illnesses.
- To promote the well-being and safety of consumers, families and the public.
- To reduce over-reliance on the criminal and juvenile justice systems as responses to mental illness and emotional disorder, and to avoid inappropriate incarceration or detention of individuals experiencing such conditions.
- To advocate for the provision of treatment and support alternatives to incarceration.
- To advocate for appropriate resources for prevention, care, treatment and follow-up services to individuals experiencing emotional disorder and mental illness.
- To encourage legislative, financial and other public policies and mechanisms that stimulate earlier intervention, increased access and better service outcomes for persons experiencing emotional disorder and mental illness.
- To foster improved coordination and provider accountability among health and human service systems encountering persons experiencing emotional disorder and mental illness.